The Knight of Montacute Tapestry
Item Delivered Separately
This item is sent directly from our supplier therefore will arrive separately from the rest of your order.>
A striking wall tapestry depicting a Knight who has been identified as Jean de Daillor Seigneur du Lude [d1482] Governor of the Dauphine coat of arms.
The tapestry was commissioned as a gift from the city of Tornai in repayment for 'certain kindness'. The first official records date it from April 1481. In December 1482 the Tournai archives show receipt of letters from his widow, asking that the tapestry to be handed over to Pasquier Grenier on behalf of herself and her children. Delivery was finally made in 1483 when the Bishop of Sens, brother of the widow, made a visit to Tournai and took possession of the tapestry for his sister.
No similar tapestries of a knight on horseback survive and it is impossible to estimate how many there may have once been.
- Please note this item incurs an additional delivery fee due to the nature and weight of the item.
- Delivery is direct from the supplier and may take up to 14 days.
- Please note that other purchases made in the same transaction will be delivered separately as per our normal delivery times.
- Tapestry fully lined.
- Available in Small and Large.
- Size: Small 60cm x 65cm, Large 85cm x 110cm (all sizes are approximate, as the tapestry panels may vary slightly after finishing).
Allow for up to 14 days delivery for this item. This item incurs an additional delivery charge and is sent directly from our supplier so will be delivered separately from the rest of your order.
UK Standard Delivery: 14 Days - £17.00
US Standard Delivery: 14 Days - £40.00
Standard Delivery Europe: 14 Days - £32.00
Rest of World: 14 Days - £42.00
See Delivery Information for further details.