Christmas Book Offer
Historic Environment Scotland Royal Collection Book Bundle
Enjoy our Historic Scotland Royal Collection Book Bundle of three wonderful books at a discounted price while stocks last.
Explore some of Scotland's most loved Royal history in 'The Honours of Scotland' which tells of the turbulent and dramatic story of the Crown Jewels. Immerse yourself in the explosive life of Mary Queen of Scots in the exclusive 'Mary was Here' publication and find out what really happened; from the Picts to the Battle of Bannockburn, 'Scotland's History delves into the past and discovers the truth behind many a myth.
Included in the bundle
- The Honours of Scotland
- Over the centuries, Scotland’s monarchy experienced relentless conflict and shifts in power. But throughout all of the struggles, there remained one stalwart reminder of the authority of the monarchy: the Honours of Scotland. For centuries, these priceless objects were entangled in the intrigues of Scottish noble and royal families. Hidden, stolen, mended, remade – and now taking pride of place on display in Edinburgh Castle – their survival depended on the brave actions of many loyal Scots.
- Existing at the crossroads of myth and tradition, ceremony and legitimacy, the Honours and the Stone of Destiny transcended the sway of individual kings and queens to become proud symbols of Scottish identity and power.
- Chris Tabraham is an archaeologist and historian. He worked for Historic Scotland for 40 years, first as Principal Inspector of Ancient Monuments and retiring as Principal Historian in 2010.
- Mary was Here
- Telling the tale of Mary’s life – charting her travels across Scotland as she grows into a renowned beauty, subdues a rebellion, and flees for her life.
- This illustrated book explores Mary’s faith, health and political struggles, and includes colour pictures of her sumptuous clothing and priceless jewellery.
- Mary Was Here also contains a directory of places to visit, allowing you to retrace her travels.
- Scotland's History
Scotland’s vibrant and bloody past captures the imagination, but there is far more to Scotland's History than murder and mayhem, tragedy and betrayal
In this pocket sized book, writer and historian Fiona Watson looks back across thousands of years into the lives of kings and queens, nobles and churchfolk, peasants and townspeople.
She captures the critical moments and memorable personalities known throughout the world - from the Picts to Bonnie Prince Charlie, and from Macbeth to the Battle of Bannockburn - revealing the truth behind the myths.